Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Beloved... My Bershert

Shortly after midnight on the morning of January 6, 2012, precious husband passed on to heaven to be with our Lord. Most of you know him by my pet name for him... Big Daddy. I cannot grasp that it has been over two weeks since we spoke our last words to one another.
He came home from work early on Thursday to spend time with me before we were to pick up our new spectacles. I asked him...as I was getting ready, if my hair looked ok. He took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes and said, "Beautiful..."
Shortly before 10 PM he said that he was tired and wanted to go to bed. As we prepared for bed, he helped me put on my gown because my shoulder was hurting and said, "I will help you... it is my job... it is my pleasure."
As always he loved to read a little before shutting off his light, and as our custom... he kissed me and said, "Good night Mrs. Price, I love you", and I replied, "Good night Mr. Price, I love you too. Sleep sweet my Prince."
We never said goodbye... but good night...

Our daughter Kat and Big Daddy at the Winter Ball 2011 
The vows that my Billy wrote for our wedding

8 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to hear of your loss, you are in my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. It sounds like you had a wonderful life together and I hope that brings a bit of comfort in this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tracy, we did have a beautiful life and my memories are such treasures. He made me laugh, he made me feel safe, and most of all I know he loved me like I have never been loved before. I still feel his love. I am so blessed to have had the privilege of having him in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know you & came across this by accident. You post was so touching & brought to mind the loss of my father. My thoughts are with you. Even though you didn't say good bye, that last good night will be with you forever xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ellice, you are so right about the memory of our last night together. He had a way of making every moment so special. I still say good night to him and I can hear his "Good night Mrs. Price" to me.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your kind words of encouragement. Bless you...

    ReplyDelete