Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rectangle Vest

Well I finally did it... I made something. It has been 7 months since I have knitted on The Beast and yesterday I decided to take the plunge. It is not like I haven't wanted to, I just didn't have the want to want to. I haven't wanted to do much of anything for a very long time. Just getting out of bed and sometimes getting dressed or brushing my hair is a feat in itself.
I was, as always... skulking around the USM group site on Facebook and after looking at a pair of socks that Joan had knitted on the USM and I felt a spark of inspiration. I felt an overwhelming need to get back to the things I love to do. Later I received a precious message from Joan which really blessed me. She may never know just how timely that message was and how much her kind words meant to me. 
I hear so many people complain about Facebook... and yes, many of their complaints are valid... but I for one can say that Facebook has been a blessing in my life. 
I have times that there is no way I can leave the house and for sure cannot be around people for fear of breaking down. Facebook has kept me in touch with dear family, old friends and offered me many new friends that chat, play games, knit, crochet, and yes even share the burden of grief that comes from the loss of a loved one. 


4 comments:

  1. I love your little jacket. It is nice to see you back. I also only use facebook to keep in conact whith family and friends who live so far away.
    I to am a widow with 3 teens. Sometimes just the little things can be so hard to do. For me my sewing is what lets me escape into a world were for the next hour all my concentration is needed on this one task ahead. Not thinking of bills to pay, people to see and pretend all is ok because I don't want them to worry.
    So go knit, go create even if it is just for 10 mins, that is your time and your world, reality can wait, true friends will be there when you are ready to step outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting really good at pretending... When I am knitting or crocheting, I don't have to pretend. I'm finding that the things that used to come so naturally to me are so hard to do. Lately, I have been waking up with some designs in my head, but getting them out of my head and worked into fabric or fiber is yet another story. I'm sending a big hug your way... even if you don't need it, I need to give it. Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hug is most welcome. I still find it hard some days to do even the little things.
    When I have the want to create but not the brain power to do it I begain to draw these images or make notes. So that sometime in the future the idea is waiting for me.
    My husband past away 6 years ago and now I am engaged to a new love. My childrens' father will always be with me, it can be quite confusing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete