Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summertime and the Living is EASY!

I don't know about you, but I find it difficult to work on some projects during the summer simply because it is so hot. I've been working on crocheted edging on baby blankets and I have just about melted. I think I have found a... eh... possible solution. I have been spreading the blanket on a coffee table and only pulling the part I am working on into my lap.


When working a project... or rather "projects" in the past, I have either placed them individually in a laundry basket or plastic bins. That way I can sit the project on the floor in front of me to protect the yarn from husky hairs and this makes the project portable as it grows. Most of these boxes will also sit between my feet in the car as we travel... NO... I'm not driving!

One of my favorite ways to organize WIP's is with my converted laundry separator cart thingie.

I cannot remember where I saw it, but I saw a special yarn cart that looked just like my laundry separator... well... like the one I inherited when Big Daddy and I married. His was a mess! Years of holding stinky boy clothes had taken a toll on the poor thang. So, I removed the existing cloth and replaced it with some colorful fabric and put some extra pockets for various tools, patterns, and even to hold multiple skeins of yarn for knitting with different color strands or for two-at-a-time socks and mittens. I can even drop the yarn in the cart and roll it under my knitting table to use with the USM...

No comments:

Post a Comment