Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Scrap Dawg

He doesn't look like much of anything... yet.


My mother always used her fabric scraps to make patchwork dogs for all of the kids and she would donate them to local churches for bazaars and fundraisers. Her dogs were always a hit and I so wish I still had mine or at least one of the kid's. They were used as pillows and to hug while sleeping. Back in the day when mother's didn't know better than to prop a baby's bottle on a pillow, these dogs held many a bottle upright so mom could use her hands for other things like sewing, knitting, crocheting,...
I am finding that I have so many little balls of scrap yarn left over from projects that just are not big enough do do much with. I am using these scraps to make a patchwork puppy pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment